THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1920's Improvised

Hello again! Today was Decade Day at school today and as my luck would have it, I didn't find out till the day before. Sigh. So this morning I dug into my closet to see what I could come up with and this is the result. Be kind. It was 6 a.m.

I apologize for the terrible pose I thought was cute at the time(and the great view of my living room lol). The dress is from the Miley Cyrus/Max Azaria line from walmart. The tights are from walmart as well. I'm wearing a long sleeved shrug to improvise for a feather boa, not sure where I got it. The head band is black lace and all the jewelery is random black and white pearl pieces I've picked up from random places over the years.
 For the make-up I went with a simple yet classic flapper look of dark eyes, lips and a deep blush for contouring. I also colored my eyebrows in a bit darker and thinner than I normally do. In the 1920's women colored in their eyebrows very thin, dark and with either a slight c-shape or straight across.

         Face: Foundation: Clinique-Fresh Alabastor
                  Powder:
                  Blush: Some random cheap palette from school
         Eyes: Base: Loreal HIP Cream Shadow Paint-Steely
                  Shadow: Nyx-Black
                  Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 pencil-Zero
                  Mascara: Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express-Glam Black
         Eyebrows: Urban Decay 24/7 pencil-Whiskey
         Lips: Revlon Colorburst-Grape
I put waves in only the top few layers of my hair since I was strapped for time, but they were crushed slightly by the headband. I wasn't worried about it though.
     So that's it! Any questions, feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!

0 comments: